There are many ways to maintain a healthy landscape while using water wisely, including timing and method of irrigation and maximizing the efficiency of your sprinkler system, among others. The following Fact Sheets and videos provide helpful information regarding conservation and wise water use.
- When and How to Water Your Yard
- How Your Sprinkler System Can Save Water and Money [video]
- Xeriscape is Not a Garden, It’s a System [video]
- Help Your Yard Survive a Drought [video]
- Water Conserving Tips for HOAs and Large Commercial Properties
- Protecting Your Trees in a Drought Video
Plants native to Colorado are an excellent choice for residential and commercial landscapes. These plants are naturally suited to Colorado’s unique climate and environmental conditions, as well as the soil content. Native species also require less water and fertilizer. Landscaping with native plants also helps maintain Colorado’s biodiversity.
- Mountain Native Perennials
- Colorado Mountain Gardening Basics
- Flowers for Mountain Communities
- Ground Covers for the Mountains
- Native Trees
- Native Shrubs