The purpose of these consolidated Rules and Regulations is to ensure orderly and uniform administration of water and wastewater operations within the service areas of the Eagle River Water & Sanitation District and the Upper Eagle Regional Water Authority located in Eagle County, Colorado. These administrative responsibilities are performed by the Eagle River Water & Sanitation District, where administrative and operations personnel implement these Rules and Regulations for both the Eagle River Water & Sanitation District and the Upper Eagle Regional Water Authority. Please contact Customer Service at (970) 477-5451 for more information.
Eagle River Water & Sanitation District Service Area Includes:
- Water Service within the Vail Water Sub-District and the Wolcott area
- Wastewater Service for all areas included within the District boundaries
Eagle River Water & Sanitation District Provides Contract Service to:
- Town of Minturn
Upper Eagle Regional Water Authority Service Area Includes:
- Arrowhead Metropolitan District
- Town of Avon
- Bachelor Gulch Metropolitan District
- Beaver Creek Metropolitan District
- Berry Creek Metropolitan District
- Cordillera Metropolitan District
- EagleVail Metropolitan District
- Edwards Metropolitan District
- Traer Creek Metropolitan District (Village at Avon)
Outdoor Water Use
The District regulates water use to protect an adequate supply of water for customers. The District’s general rules and regulations address Efficient and Beneficial Water Use in Section 6.7.11.
The normal Water Use Regulations are in effect year-round and apply to all properties from East Vail to Cordillera that receive water service from Eagle River Water & Sanitation District and Upper Eagle Regional Water Authority. Customers receive a copy of the Water Use Regulations each year with their May billing statement. Additional copies are available at the main District office, located at 846 Forest Road in Vail, or from Customer Service.
Unless a general or localized Water Supply Emergency has been declared, normal water use regulations allow for outdoor water use up to three days per week, per the schedule below.
Outdoor water use schedule (based on last digit in your street address)
- The watering day is from midnight to midnight
- Watering must occur before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m. on your watering day
- Hoses must have water saving shut off nozzles to prevent free running water
- Swimming pools are limited to one filling per year, unless draining for repairs is necessary
- Water shall be used for beneficial purposes only
Flagrant runoff, water waste, or other violations of the Water Use Regulations results in the following citations and fines
1st Offense: Warning letter, email and/or phone call
2nd Offense: $500 fine, letter and a site visit
3rd Offense: $1000 fine and disconnection of water service
During a Water Supply Emergency, warnings are not given for violations and fines are increased. For more information, contact Customer Service at 970-477-5451.