Professional development and longevity crucial to organizational success
Eagle River Water & Sanitation District celebrated its employees’ outstanding performance, longevity, and certifications earned.
Eight individuals were recognized for strong commitment to district organizational values:
- Accountability – Derek Fawcett
- Community Partnership – Bri Accola
- Customer Confidence – Jeffrey Schneider
- Environmental Stewardship – Maureen Mulcahy
- Leadership and Continuous Improvement – Fred Fernandez
- Long Range Planning and Preparation – Abel Vasquez
- Personnel Dedication – Nick Tessmer
- Service – Shane Cerny
Controls Technician Daniel Caffery earned the Employee of the Year award for his technical competence, problem solving skills, warmth, positivity, and a general willingness to serve others in everything he does.
The annual Bennie’s Breakfast began in 1988 when its’ namesake, Bennie Atencio, became the first employee to reach 20 years of service to the district. Many employees have since worked more than 20 years, including the most tenured employee who retired in 2014 after 41 years.
The district acknowledges employees for milestone years of service and recognized 12 employees for reaching five-, 10-, 20-, 25-, and 30-year anniversaries in 2017.
- 30 years – Danny Doig
- 25 years – Chuck Chadwick
- 20 years – Andrew Kirsch and Hazel Selander
- 10 years – Kyle Anderson, Joe Casselberry, and Becky Peterson
- 5 years – Kevin DeJourno, Derek Fawcett, Dustin Nelson, Crystal Siebert, and Bill Sullivan
25 employees achieved 35 professional certifications in 2017, which reflects the district’s emphasis on professional development. All staff members are encouraged to seek additional training to boost individual expertise, learn new technology, and stay abreast of industry trends, which ensures excellent public water and wastewater system operations for the community.
Additionally, district safety coordinator Dan Siebert recognized the staff of the district’s wastewater treatment facility in Avon for their attentiveness to identifying and remedying any potential safety issue.
Contact: Melissa Mills McLoota, Human Resources Manager, 970-476-7480