UERWA Water Service Boundary
Who is your water provider?
The Eagle River Water & Sanitation District (District) provides water service within its water service area which includes the Vail Water Subdistrict and properties of the Wolcott area that have included into the District boundary. Water sources include wells and a surface water treatment plant located in East Vail.
The District provides full contract water operations and management (O&M) services to:
The Upper Eagle Regional Water Authority, which provides water to its 6 members including:
- Town of Avon
- Arrowhead Metropolitan District
- Beaver Creek Metropolitan District
- Berry Creek Metropolitan District
- EagleVail Metropolitan District
- Edwards Metropolitan District
The Authority also provides service to the Bachelor Gulch and Cordillera Metropolitan Districts.
The District provides billing for water and trash services for the Town of Minturn.
Where does wastewater go to be treated?
The District operates three wastewater treatment plants:
Vail – 2.7 MGD*
Avon – 4.3 MGD
Edwards – 2.95 MGD
- The total treatment capacity at all three plants is 9.95 MGD.
- The average daily flow through the wastewater system is 5.5 MGD.
- The maximum peak-week flow is 7.7 MGD.
- The minimum flow is 3.7 MGD.
- The wastewater collection within the District is accomplished through approximately 187 miles of collection lines.
- The collection system functions primarily by gravity flow; however, lift stations are utilized at some points along the system.
- The wastewater collection lines range in size from 8 to 35 inches and consist primarily of PVC (plastic) and vitrified clay pipe.
*MGD = million gallons per day